Heat Pump Deep Cleaning
Regular duct cleaning contributes to a healthy home. If you spend most of your time inside, maintaining indoor air quality is essential to a healthy home. E.T Mechanical provides duct cleaning for Fredericton, NB and surrounding areas.
A Healthy Home Improvement
In a world where healthy living has become a way of life. We diet and exercise to make ourselves feel better. We have also taken on environmental issues to make our world a cleaner and safer place to live. Yet the most overlooked issue is the air that we breathe.
The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. Now consider that most people spend between 60% to 90% of their time indoors… The facts can be quite alarming.
- “One out of every six people who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems.” (Better Health Magazine)
- “Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air.” (Dept of Consumer Affairs)
- “The average six room house collects 18kg of dust each year.” (Discover Magazine)
- “Typical fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient.” (ASHRAE)
Do you have an “Indoor Pollution Problem”?
If you answer “YES” to any of the following questions, your home may suffer from “Indoor Air Pollution”.
- Do you have an air circulating system that breathe utilizes a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Does anyone in your house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches, nausea, burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
- Do you have “dust trails” or discoloring coming out of your air duct registers?
Dirt, dust, mold, pollen, and animal dander are recirculated through our air ducts every time we turn on our heat or air conditioner. Combine this with moisture and you have the ideal breeding ground for fungi, germs, and household mold. Studies have confirmed that some diseases, including salmonella, strep, and legionnaires disease are spread by contaminated air ducts.
Why Maintain Your Furnace?
- Without proper maintenance, most manufacturer warranties become void.
- According to the EPA, just over 1mm of dust on the blower and coil of a furnace can reduce efficiency by up to 26%.
- Dust and dirt reduce energy transfer. Your system runs longer and works harder; reducing lifespan, and costs more to operate.
- Improper air flow from dust leads to premature failure of components, reducing efficiency and performance.
- Replacing/repairing components of a furnace before failure is always more cost effective as it avoids expensive problems.
Heat Pump Deep Cleaning
Remove buildup of Mold, Dirt, Dust from your Ductless Heat Pump that hinder Performance and Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality
Over time, Heat Pumps collect dirt, debris, and dust. With the addition of humidity from condensate moisture, and a warm and dark environment, the perfect conditions are created for growth of mold and fungi. During operation all of these microbials (mold, dust, and mites) become airborne and are blown throughout your home.
Cleaning your filters alone will not prevent the creation or re-circulation of these contaminants.
A dirty heat pump has difficulty transferring heat or cold to the air passing over its surface. And if the fan is covered in dirt and grime the air velocity decreases dramatically. Which means your heat pump is working a lot harder to heat and cool your home. Resulting in higher power consumption and increase wear on the fan.
Professional cleaning can save 10% – 30% between the energy consumption of a well maintained heat pump and a severely neglected one.
Prevent Expensive Repairs and Replacement
Without regular maintenance and cleaning a Heat Pump will eventually encounter mechanical issues, and ultimately complete failure. The evaporator coil (indoor unit) may be prone to overheating due to the inability to dissipate heat effectively. Elevated system temperature and pressure may lead to the breakdown of the compressor’s lubricant. Acid formation can occur, leading to acid burnout. Lubricant breakdown and acid formation seriously compromise the compressor(outdoor unit) and ultimately lead to equipment failure.
Air Exchangers effectively improves air quality through circulating stale indoor air outside, and circulating fresh outdoor air inside.
Many homes are well insulated, which is great for heating and cooling, but can lead to humidity and pollutants being trapped indoors. As a result over 50% of homes show visible signs of humidity. Without proper ventilation indoor air can accumulate dust, bacteria, mold, and particles from gas and steam overtime.
Central ventilation and filtration can effectively eliminate excess humidity and airborne pollutants, protecting the structure of your home and your family’s health.
HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilators):
ERV (Energy Recovery Ventilators):
ERV’s ventilate your home while minimizing loss for heat or coolness (just like an HRV), and have the ability to limit the amount of moisture entering the house (ideal for humid climates).
Contact E.T. Mechanical today, our HVAC experts will help you find the best ventilation solution suited to your home and budget.
Schedule a FREE Estimate
Call The Green Guys! (506) 444-HOME(4663)